Friday, May 10

To All Mothers: You Are Appreciated


Lady...Don't cha know we love ya? Sweet lady/Dear mama, place no one above ya, sweet lady/ You are appreciated - Tupac
I just wanted to send lots of love to all of the mothers out there that are doing the best damn job they can to raise their kid(s). People often critique Mother's Day, saying that mothers get all of the shine while fathers go unforgotten. While both parents should definitely be celebrated, there is always a special place for the womyn who carried you for 9months then fed, clothed and took care of you all while in many cases was juggling her career and/ or school. 
As I prepare myself to become a mother, I often look at the mothers around me and silently think to myself "wow, how does she do it?" It's almost unbelievable to see how these womyn are able to successfully juggle different aspects of their lives with being great mothers! And sometimes for a second I wonder if I can, but I think what's beautiful about womyn is that we naturally have such a strength and nurturing spirit that I know that whatever arises I will figure it out along the way and do the absolute best for my child along the way. Like many of the mothers around me and the mothers before them.
To all the mothers, your love and strength in raising your family is recognized and more than appreciated.  You deserve to be honored and celebrated not just this Sunday but every single day. 
What are your plans for Mother's Day this weekend?

No comments: