Monday, October 8

Monday Motivation: Why thanksgiving is not the only day to practice gratitude




Happy Thanksgiving to all of my Canadian readers (yes, Canadian Thanksgiving is always much earlier than American). I hope you all are having a great long weekend and spending some time with loved ones. And I hope you had some time to reflect on the things in your life for which you are grateful.

Gratitude is something that I believe we all should practice every day. It can be so easy to just focus on the negative and forget about all the positive things in our lives! That's why it's important to have days like today to remind us to give thanks. Taking time to be grateful and give thanks has been shown to increase overall happiness. 

I try to take time to be thankful every day. And I have definitely noticed the positive effects of practicing gratitude. Not only does it remind me that I have so many wonderful people and things in my life, but it helps to put the problems and challenges into perspective.

If you have trouble remembering or finding the time to practice daily gratitude here's a simple, fast tip that might work for you. Every day at the end of the day, write down one thing that happened that day that you are grateful for. You can use a calendar, or your agenda, but write it in the same place every day. At the end of each week or month or whenever you're having a rough day just go back and read all the latest entries.

Sometimes things are so busy that we rush from one thing to the next without taking the time to acknowledge the small accomplishments. Writing one thing a day helps remind me of all the small victories that occur and the things that really matter. 

Something that I am grateful for today is YOU! Thank you for taking the time to follow and read my blog. I truly appreciate it. Thank you!

Do you give thanks daily? Let me know any tips or suggestions you have for those who find it hard to make time for gratitude. 

No comments: